Must have gear
As with life, unexpected events can prove traumatic while off-roading. The following items are usually required at organized off-road locations with good reason! They can help smooth bumps big and small!
- First Aid Kit
- Fire Extinguisher
- Tow Strap
- Good spare tire (preferably the same size and type as the tires mounted on your truck!)
- Oil, water and fluids for your truck
- Snacks and water for yourself and passengers.
Nice to have gear
This list is in no particular order. Options such as these are a personal choice, depending on who you are with and where you are going.
- For small trucks, a 6,000lb-rated winch is generally adequate.
- For larger trucks, a 8,000lb or 9,000lb-rated winch is recommended.
- Skid plates to protect steering components
- Sill protectors to protect the aluminum sills on a Rover
- CB Radio to be in contact with your group
- Compass and maps AND GPS to locate your position